Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Leaving the Land of Captivity...

Jeremiah 29:11-13
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
I once heard a sermon speaking about the issue of these verses not being a specific promise to me personally, but to the Israelite people.  However, I can know that I, too, am the Lord's beloved, and He cares for me just the same.  We often hear the first part of this passage.  In fact, it is so overused it almost comes across as cliche.  :(  The thing which strikes me as so much more lovely in this promise though, is not the fact that the Lord has good things for me... but that He has them even BEFORE I call upon Him and seek Him.  His goodwill toward me is something NOT based upon my actions.  His desire for me is something which comes from His love for me.  Not from what I can garner to do for Him first.  It is because He loves me, that I love Him.  My Lord is not a *Re-Active* God, but a *Pro-Active* God.  How then, can I not trust Him to help me to do what is in His best interest for me?

The Israelites were in captivity because of their sin.  They turned from the Lord, even after He was constantly gracious.  The result of their captivity was because of the choices they had made.  In a similar fashion, the results of *MY* captivity... to an unhealthy body, aches and pains, to the depression which comes from realizing how overweight I have become... it is all a result of the choices in life I have made.  But, I don't have to mourn any longer.  I am not sojourning there.  I've left that place of wasteland, and the Lord is leading me to my new home.  I can trust Him to bring me to the beautiful land and out of my own captivity.  And that is where my face it turned... to the Father.  Where my heart is strengthened... from His Love.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Journey Log for January 9th

Breakfast: Skipped  :(
Lunch: 4oz. chicken, 3/4c. sweet corn, 8 oz. herbal tea
Snack:   1 banana
Dinner: Baked Chicken Sandwich, Baked Potato, Medium Apple
Dessert: 8oz. "Hot Vanilla"  (VERY unhealthy... *sigh*)

Water: 72 oz.
Exercise: NONE!  I realized this morning that I didn't get any exercise in!!!

Evaluation:

Obviously, I failed with my exercise.  I cannot believe I didn't get it in.  I am not even sure what happened.  That upsets me.  But it does not discourage me.  I will be walking an extra 1/2 mile for the next four days to make up those 2 miles I missed.  I am doing well at adding in more produce, but I'd like to see EVEN MORE!

Travel Plan:

Sneak in more produce.  Whether as a side to a meal, or a snack.  Also- MAKE SURE I get exercise in.  Perhaps I can make sure it gets done before allowing myself my "dessert" for the evening... that will at least make me double check that I got it in.  It was just so easy to skip it after not doing it on Saturday or Sunday.  (I normally DO exercise on Saturdays.  It's not required for me, but I don't get my "free" day until it's done.)  This was the first Saturday I didn't do it... and it made me realize that I *really* don't want to skip it.  Missing one day of exercise on Sunday doesn't seem to derail me like missing two days in a row. So... I really need to try and make sure that IF IT IS AT ALL POSSIBLE... to get that exercise in on Saturdays as well.

6 comments:

Angie said...

Hey! Why the *sigh* after the Hot Vanilla???????? Do you not want to have *any* sweets? When you say *sigh* it sounds as if you are not happy with your decision.I think you did great and don't see anything wrong with your splurge! Don't be too hard on yourself!

Just catch right back up on that exercise! I know you will.....I will be watching for that extra 1/2 mile every day!!!! :):):)

Great job!

BrandyLynn said...

The *sigh* was just my way of saying that it's a bit "disappointing" that I had that rather than the dessert I planned on having (berry crisp). I had wanted to have something more healthy is all. I'm not knocking out all sweets. I'm just trying to go with more healthy things when possible and saving the more unhealthy things for the "free days". It wasn't a BIG sigh... just a little one! LOL!

Tracy said...

Making exercise a habit is super hard. At some point, I keep thinking it will just be what I "do" without even trying. But, it takes that determination and putting off/putting on perseverance to make it happen. You WILL because you know it's within His strength to enable it to be so.

Loved your thoughts in this post. :)

Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

Was blessed reading here today. :)

What a precious promise of Him bring us out of our captivity to a beautiful land.

You are doing well!! I know it can be difficult to get in exercise.

Cheymelah said...

Thank you so much for writing this Brandy, great post!

Angie said...

Oh Brandy!!!!!!!!????????????? Where are you????