Saturday, January 7, 2012

It just KILLS me...

to see others get discouraged.  I know that sinking feeling.  The feeling of despair.  I hate to see others discouraged more than I hate the feeling of it in myself. 

Dear Friends, if you are discouraged, take my hand- I'll hoist you up.  We just need to keep our focus up ahead- where it needs to be.  If that's too far, look at the step in front of you.  Don't worry about the destination.  Don't look back to "There"... where you just left from.  You don't want to go back "there".  I'm no longer sojourning there, and I pray you are not either.  That place has nothing for you.  It is a wasteland of disappointment and frustration.  It's not worth the consideration.  So, don't do it.  Let's just go hand in hand and start moving ahead.  My prayers go out for any of the weary or discouraged today.  Let the past go, and strive for the prize of the forward effort. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now...

Journey Log for January 6th, 2012

Breakfast: 2 egg/ham scramble with cream cheese, 2 scotch rolls (dinner sized)
Lunch: 1c. Basmati Rice/Chicken w/ 1 c. steamed broccoli
Snack: 1 roll of Smarties Candy (Odd, yes.  My 2 year old "gave" me his... too sweet to pass up!)
Dinner: Leftovers of rice/chicken dish.  Mixed the broccoli in with it.  Had about 1.5 cups
Dessert: None

Water:  68 ounces
Exercise: 20 minutes

Evaluation: 
The day could have gone better.  Lacking the fresh produce, I don't think to add it into my meals.  The only produce I got in was the broccoli.  :(  I need to change that.  I know when I was adding in more produce before (and less starch) I was feeling better.  More energetic and the fibro was not nearly as bad.  I've got some sweet potatoes, and butternut squash in the cellar I forgot about.  I've also got some frozen corn, cauliflower and carrots in the freezer.  Let's see if I can add more of that into my diet this weekend.  :)

Travel Plan:
This being the weekend, means that after I get my workout in this morning- my choices are "free" with a mind set toward health.  (In other words... no feeling bad over an extra dessert or snack... but not gorging on it either.)   I also won't likely report tomorrow (Sunday), but I may.  I also don't exercise on Sunday... it's my official day "off".  I will be trying to put more produce into my meals this weekend and seeing how it affects me.  I am motivated to continue on and keep striving ahead. 

P.S.  For those joining me (Tina at this point)... I have my Thin Within books out and ready to go.  Monday is the start.  Still not sure of the plan of attack- but I'll look it over this weekend. 

Blessings to each of you... keep your chin up and the steps forward!

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Great words of encouragement, Brandy. Exactly the theme the Lord has been using in my heart over the last couple of weeks. Forgetting what is behind and pressing on toward the prize that is found in Christ Jesus. May you be strengthened as you strengthen others to press on. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the encouragement! I totally forgot about my Thin Within book. I am going to dig it out (it's around somewhere) and re-read it.

Angie said...

Well,I will take your hand if you hoist me up and give me a swift kick in the backside.......lol

You are right of course.

I am feeling pretty stinkin WONDERFUL today! :) I am excited because even though I have not been cracking down this last week,I have not lost strength.I have been doing really greta in the last month for the most part and I know that I did not LOSE all of that.I FEEL much stronger.Imagine how I will feel in a few months? I KNOW I will be lighter then too.....

Great job on the food!! I will be looking for alot more produce in your meals this week! I will be trying to get more in myself too!