Well, after my Saturday morning walk...then they are "free". NO worrying about diet specifics, although I do plan on posting- just to keep an idea of how I *am* doing. As soon as I get offline, I'll do my walk. (That is, if I can calm baby down first. Maybe I'll just have to wrap him and let him "walk" with me. LOL!)
I also got a letter in the mail yesterday from my insurance company in lieu of my diabetes the past two pregnancies. I'm sure it is standard, but I was a bit bummed. They are encouraging me to get an A1C test and an LDL cholesterol test done to rule out Type 2 diabetes.. or even "pre-diabetes" (both of which are more common following GD). I'm pretty sure my numbers have been fine and back to normal, but I am considering getting it done anyway. It will be a good indicator for me to see what needs to be done. Yet, I must admit- while it was related to gestational diabetes, something you cannot always control, it was still a reminder that I'm not where I want to be. And it's not an easy fix. However, I am committed to becoming healthy, and fit.
I'll see you on Monday. I pray you have a blessed weekend!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Journey Log for December 2nd:
Breakfast: 1/2 banana (yes, I made myself "stomach" one... I HATE bananas), 8oz. milk
Lunch: Leftover Chicken Enchilada
Dinner: 2 slices of pizza, 3 teriyaki chicken wings, 8 oz. milk
Dessert: 1 Andes Mint
Exercise: Walked for 20 minutes (1 mile plus warm up/cool down)
72 oz. water (Total)
Evaluation: Good job on getting some kind of breakfast in. Still need more produce. Wondering too if I'm not eating enough for a nursing Mama. Baby is gaining well, though.
Travel Plan: Increase the consumption of produce. Consider adding a bit more into the diet- especially now that exercise is a factor.
No comments:
Post a Comment