Monday, December 12, 2011

Hi All!

Well the few that actually follow me!  LOL!  Maybe not even THAT much!

I was swamped all weekend with things that shouldn't be.  I never came to post how I was doing.  Please offer me understanding.  I'll just quickly update for today and get back on track with the entire shebang tomorrow.

When I went to exercise on Friday, I had intense pain from my thigh, through my knee and down to my ankle. I am convinced it was from the more intense/high impact workout the day previous.  I believe I have a tight tendon or muscle that needs some gentle stretching and coaxing ... and I was mean to it.  So, it called back.

So, I gave myself a couple of days off, to give it a rest.  I will no longer try for the two high-impact miles.  I will stick with my one mile until Christmas.  After all, that was my goal.  To have a consistent daily mile into my routine by then.  :)

As far as eating... I didn't do so well.   I skipped Breakfast and Lunch on Friday and Saturday and only ate dinner both days.  Sunday is a free day anyway... but I *did* eat brunch and then dinner.  So that was better.  But I also ate a slice of DQ ice cream cake AND 3 pieces of a Cookies And Creme bar my husband brought home last week.  (And so you know, I easily avoided the bar for many days before eating it... but I felt I "earned" some extra sweets.)  I actually disapprove of that mentality, but it's a hard thing to break.  I don't want to feel as though I earned or deserve a treat.  I want to feel okay to eat a treat now and then because it brings me pleasure... and the Lord has nothing against enjoying something like that.

Anyway, today was a new day.  I still skipped breakfast, but I ate lunch, and I'll eat dinner.  I also walked one mile today.  I'm getting back to the path, and by tomorrow- I'll be on the journey again.  :)

Blessings on the Journey,

1 comment:

Angie said...

No understanding! No understanding!!!!! You will receive NO grace or understanding from me you bad woman!!!!!!

ROFLOL

You DID deserve all that! Just don't make a habit of it!! Back at it tomorrow and just start doing what I told you to do with the icon........Scott agreed that you should do that roflol.