Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Taking Note...

Journey Log for December 20th

Breakfast: Fried Egg Sandwich. 1.5 eggs and 1.5 pieces of toast, 1 clementine, 12oz. hot lemon water
(It *was* 2 eggs and 2 slices of toast, but I couldn't finish it...)
Lunch: 1 small bowl vegetable and beef soup, 2 wheat biscuits, 12 oz. water
Snack: None
Dinner: 1 chicken enchilada (burrito size), salad, 4oz.peach wine <--YUM!
Desert: None

78 oz. water
Exercise: 2 miles

I was taking note and seeing that my weight has not dropped like I would like it to. (In fact, as of this morning, it is UP by 2.4 pounds... after eating well for 5 days and doing all the extra walking...)  I was tempted to get discouraged, and actually thought of doing just that last night.  After all- all the hard work, for what payoff?

Then it hit me.  I'm not in this to "just" lose weight.  (Although, I wouldn't complain if those pounds melted away!)  I'm in this for my health.  I want a healthy heart, energy, stamina, and to feel good.  In all reality, my heart *is* going to get stronger if I continue.  My fibromyalgia *is* being affected in a good way.  I'm feeling more energetic, and less depressed.  My spirits are up...

And then I found it.  My notes from November 2010.  I weighed 221  pounds.  I've been pregnant and had a baby since then... and I'm 12 pounds lighter than I was then.  So I *am* making progress.  Imagine if I were still 221?  I have much to be thankful for.  And, it would not be worth all the effort I've put into it- if I were to quit now.  And, I'm not going to!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Sounds like a wonderful day!! :):)

Great attitude!!! Very encouraging!! :):)

Anonymous said...

Wow! How very encouraging for you! That is twelve pounds gone forever!!!