Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Trail Bends...

The trail bends ahead, and I wonder what is beyond.  There will be many decisions to be made.  You can't always see what those decisions entail, and you rarely ever know the results of the decisions ahead of time.  I hate that.  But it is necessary.   As I approach the bend, not knowing what the rest of the journey holds, I feel myself relax.  It's a crazy journey, I know.  I'll fall and stumble when the way gets icy. I'll triumphantly scale mountains sometimes, too.  However, I can't allow myself to worry about what is behind that bend.  I can't get myself overwhelmed with high expectations.  I need to just focus on the here and now... not worrying about what decisions I may have to face, or the consequences of such.  I just know that each step I take leads me closer to my goal.  And, that is where I am today...realizing that if I just focus on what is directly in front of me, eventually- I'll look back and see the HUGE accomplishment that I've made.  I won't need to get discouraged from the bends, dips and falls that may be ahead.  I'll just keep moving down the road, at the best pace I can.

The Journey Log for December 7th:

Breakfast: One orange. 8oz. milk
Lunch: 12 appetizer sized Italian meatballs with red sauce, side salad, blueberry superfruit tea (12oz.)
Snack: Mozzarella Cheese Stick, couple sips of son's hot cocoa (to check temp. and taste)
Dinner: 4oz. serving Pork Roast (card deck size), 2 sweet potatoes, 2 crescent rolls, 8oz. milk
Dessert: None... too full from dinner

Exercise: 2 miles (30 min. including warm-up)
64 ounces of water plus herbal tea

Evaluation: Again, I ate more than I would like to at dinner.  I also ate more than I'd like to at lunch.  I didn't eat "too much" at lunch... but I would have liked to have eaten MORE salad and less meat, in hind-sight. I did better with getting some more produce in, though.  It took a conscious effort.

Travel Plan:   Maybe try to fill up first with water like I used to do.  Then get a hearty portion of produce before going for the meat or starches.  Exercise was great!

3 comments:

eking said...

Keep at it, girl.

Grace said...

Way to go!!!

Angie said...

Great on the exercise!So glad to hear that you are getting some! That means we can exercise when you are here.I do NOT want to quit for that week or I will feel discouraged......

Keep at it!SO glad I can finally comment!!!!