Or at least... to posting.
Remember my last post when I mentioned that we think we figured out the cause of all my soreness was related to a flare-up of my fibromyalgia? I was going to begin walking 2 miles a day, limiting refined flours and empty carbs. Trying to eat more produce and healthier meats...
I *was* dreading waking up in the mornings because I was in so much pain. I *was* dreading bending over to pick something off the floor because it would hurt so much to get back up again. Well... three days of being faithful to my plan, and I woke up this morning... NOT in pain. I was stiff... but there was NO pain! My muscles feel less tight, and I'm motivated to keep going. It can only (hopefully) get better and better.
Friday, I can't remember what I ate- but I *do* remember that I tried my best to stay "on plan". We had salad and pizza for dinner, but made the crust with potato flour. (It's a sweeter, chewier crust... but it still tastes good- and it's better than white crust... but not as good as whole wheat.) I do know I got all of my water in as well.
Anyway, Saturday I only got in one mile of walking because I woke up later than usual. But... that is still one mile. It's within my goal range. I didn't keep track of foods on Saturday because it is my "free day"- but I remember NOT eating treats (sugar). I did have some berries and cream... but no sugar sweets.
Now... the days I remember...
Journey Log for December 18th (Sunday)
Breakfast: Sausage Patty and Biscuit, 8oz. cider, small apple
Lunch: 2 baked chicken drumsticks, steamed carrots, green beans, and 1 whole wheat dinner roll
Snack: Handful of multi-grain crackers, 1 cheese stick (mozz.)
Dinner: 2c. homemade popcorn, popped in coconut oil, 8oz. milk, 1/2 banana
Water: 68oz.
Exercise: TWO miles
Journey Log for December 19th:
Breakfast: 1c. oatmeal, 1/2c. sliced strawberries, 8oz. rasp. tea
Lunch: 4oz. sliced ham, salad, 1c. cauliflower, hot lemon water
Snack: Clementine, graham cracker
Dinner: Baked Chicken Sandwich on ww kaiser, baked potato w/sour cream, butter, chives, 8oz. milk
Water: 72oz.
Exercise TWO miles
Evaluation: I've done really well. Not only have I exercised every day, but I got in TWO miles on Sunday AND Monday. My fibromyalgia is still *there* - and I am still stiff... it's effects are helped SO much by the effort I've been putting in, and I feel motivated to keep at it... even if I don't lose weight... but just for the HEALTH benefit of feeling better! I'm getting in more produce- which I have wanted to do. I've only been at this for almost 3 weeks. And, while my weight hasn't fluctuated much, I feel SO much better.
Travel Plan: Continue doing well. Try to get in 2 miles every day, Monday-Friday, take 1 mile on Saturday, and Sundays are "free" for exercise. Do it if you feel like it, but don't fret if you don't. :) Keep up the produce intake. Christmas week is coming, baking begins tonight... stay faithful. Be strong!
And that's how *I* have been doing. :D I cannot exclaim how GOOD it feels to FEEL GOOD!
1 comment:
Horray!!!!!!! EXCELLENT job!!!!!!!! I am so proud of you!!
Very glad to hear about the pain level being lower.That is excellent......
Your meals are looking REALLY good! Great job!! (They also make me hungry and give me a few good ideas!)
Wonderful update!!!
Post a Comment