I was trying to make it back to the path yesterday. It ended up being a Not Quite Day. Not Quite Enough Water. Not Quite Enough Exercise. Not Quite Enough Vegetables. Not Quite Back to the Path. Those days are hard, but I am reminding myself that those days don't mean it's all over. I could just say this is hard, and since I am so inconsistent- it's all over. I'll never get it perfect. I can beat myself up and wonder why in the world I can't just DO it. I can just quit. But why? Why is it that I must seek perfection or quit? It's like the runner who doesn't get first place, so he quits half way through the race. Or the soccer team who sees they are 4 goals down at half time, and so they don't put the effort into the second half. How absolutely RIDICULOUS!
I'm keeping on. It doesn't matter that the last few days have been less than I desire. If I quit now, I'll never reach the end of the journey. Never taste that sweet flavor of accomplishment. I'll be going back to the nearest place I sojourned to... the fat, tired, sore self. And you know... I already said... I'm No Longer Sojourning There.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Journey Log for December 13th
Breakfast: Skpped
Lunch: 2 Breakfast Burritos 12 oz. water
Snack: Cheese Stick
Dinner 2 McD's Cheeseburgers, Large Fry, 20 oz. Sprite
Dessert: One Blue Bunny Champ Ice Cream cone
Water: 48 ounces
Exercise: 8 minutes. (I began, had to stop because of baby, and forgot to finish.)
Evaluation: Already shared
Travel Plan: Get back to the path, and start fresh... don't look back. Don't Give Up!
No comments:
Post a Comment