Thursday, March 22, 2012

The reason for delaying...

Sorry gals... all two or three of you that actual follow me anymore.  LOL!  I was going to update last night, but fell asleep... which leads me to my update.

I told you I would explain why we are not "juicing" alone right now.  I wasn't going to mention anything, but felt I at least owed you all an explanation why it seems I've been so wishy-washy lately. 

Do you remember when I was bleeding not too long ago... extremely heavy and for about 3.5 weeks before it finally all subsided?  My obstetrician is pretty certain by my cycles that I miscarried a  little one.  We hadn't planned on becoming pregnant and so it really wasn't too much on my radar.  I had missed a cycle, then spotted at around 3 weeks of my next cycle.  Then came the long, heavy-near hemorrhaging of my last cycle.  I never tested, but after bleeding for almost 4 weeks, they found an elevated hcg in my bloodwork.  Not viable for pregnancy, but higher than what a non-pregnant woman should have. I would have been about 9-10 weeks pregnant. So, while we cannot be sure- it's highly likely that we did lose a baby. 

In any case, I lost A LOT of blood.  My iron levels are near transfusion level. I am fighting fatigue, my fibromyalgia is putting my body through the roof in pain, where even slight movement is causing trouble.  I'm falling asleep throughout the day, falling behind on life, etc.  As much as it kills me to go slowly- I can't keep forcing my body to fight and regain strength without feeding it.

So, no exercise and I'm not juicing alone.  I am still juicing because I *do* feel those nutrients will help aid in my healing- but my husband, doctor and I all feel that I need the other necessary nutrients to heal.  So... that is where I stand... and why it's been so slow going.

(I also am near certain that is why my husband is being hesitant in starting our competition.  He is so worried - I can see it almost every time he looks at me.   I love him for that, but...)

Anyway, that is my update.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry you've not been feeling well Brandy! You are a sweet momys and I pray for you that the Lord will heal your body so you can move forward on your health improvements. I hope you get to feeling better SOON!

AmandaB from momys

Angie said...

I am so sorry you are going through all of this!

You have to do what you feel is best for your body and don't feel bad about that.

((((HUGS)))))

I hope you can begin feeling better and SOON! Will continue praying for you!

Cheymelah said...

Brandy!!! I am so sorry! It is so hard to figure out what is best when it comes to nutrition and exercise in the midst of health concerns and miscarriages, I can totally relate! I pray that you are not too hard on yourself and allow yourself to do what you can and rest when needed. (((hugs)))

Cheymelah said...

How are you? I miss you!

Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

I'm so sorry about your loss and I pray you are healing.

(((hugs)))