I'm excited because our juicer is shipped. It should arrive early next week. :) Although no one commented on their thoughts about our juicer... (you all had your chance LOL!)... we went ahead and ordered the Omega J8004. It's identical to the model I posted, but it's white and about $50 cheaper. :)
I am SO excited to be juicing. I am hoping it helps with so many things I'm fighting. I know my health is suffering, and the food choices I've been making don't always help. I already eat veggies and really enjoy them, but I know I can get even more good stuff in. My husband is going to be juicing with me as well. We are going to juice for breakfast and lunch. (The children will juice at breakfast, but eat lunch and dinner... I feel they need different types of nutrition since they are still growing.) Then we will all eat a vegetable heavy dinner with some protein. We are not going to avoid all carbs, but we are going to try to avoid those white carbs. that have snuck into our diets. We used to ONLY use wheat flour... then a friend made me second guess myself- (as though cookies and pie crust were not as good made with wheat), and I began buying white flour to mix with our wheat. I've got 3-4 cups of white flour left... so I'm going to make sugar cookies for my children with it... and then it's GONE. No more white... going back to wheat and spelt. :)
I am bummed though a bit because this week we've eaten a lot of junk. We've been out every single night... so we've been eating "junk". Even though I am trying to choose healthier choices... a grilled chicken sandwich and baked potato and salad at Wendy's is less healthy than home. (Especially since we usually use whole wheat for our buns, and eat sweet potatoes rather than white potatoes. Our salads are usually packed with spinach and romaine... not iceberg.) It's amazing how healthy or unhealthy you can make a meal... just with simple modifications. Anyway... my husband and I are going to do a "Biggest Loser" challenge between the two of us. He didn't want to start until our first day of juicing... so more when that starts. I CANNOT WAIT to get our juicer. :)
We found out yesterday that two more of our children need glasses. One is quite excited... the other- well, not so much. (Thankfully, he only needs them for reading.) So... we had the opportunity to spend $$$ on new glasses and eye exams yesterday.We were told our daughter's vision won't likely improve, but our son's may just improve with juicing. So, it'll be neat to see if that helps him... especially since he isn't too keen on wearing glasses. My prescription also worsened, and I'm wondering if juicing might help me fix some of that. (The astigmatism can't be helped... but perhaps the farsightedness may be... I'm excited to find out!)
Anyway, if anyone besides Heather is out there... I'd love to hear from you. (I'd be happy to hear for you again too though, Heather. LOL!) Otherwise, I'll continue assuming you all don't like me. *wink*
4 comments:
I am still here Brandy!!! I feel alone too!!! At least we are alone together....with Angie too! LOL
I am excited to see the results of your challenge and your juicing I hope it helps with some of your issues. I hate feeling bad when I am working so hard! It really makes you want to give up!
This happened last year too just me, you and Angie!
I am here to thank you for your encouraging comments on my blog Brandy. :) I had stopped writing over there because nobody seemed to be around and, like I wrote in my post tonight, I would just rather go at it alone than take the time to sit at the computer and write into the great abyss :). I am in no way offended (I wasn't faithful about writing daily anyways!)...it is just more discouraging to take the time to blog and feel alone, than to just decide to be okay with doing it alone, ykwim?
Anyways, I wanted to tell you how excited I am about your juicer!!! I love fresh carrot (with celery, cucumber and beet) juice! So happy juicing! :)
It is SO GOOD to hear from you Heather and Tina. It sure DOES get discouraging when you end up being alone... doesn't it? I'm glad I have someone to still go on the pilgrimage with me. :)
Heather, you are right- this happened last year... we were the only 3 left... and then... well, all three of US got pregnant. :) (Sure wish I would have kept it up in pregnancy more, though... *wink*)
Tina, I've been offline for days at a time, but I really try to update as often as I can. I know so many are busy... but it feels good to be able to go to someone's blog and be able to just drop a note to encourage them... and to see the same on yours. I know EXACTLY what you are saying, though, about reporting and feeling as though you are just talking to yourself. *sigh*
Well, I'm here for BOTH of you gals. :) I enjoy your updates... and even if I get to them only a few times a week... know that I *am* praying for you and I *am* thinking of you as we go through the journey. :)
Oh... and I'm all "FOR" your favorite juicing recipes. Our juicer is supposed to arrive on Tuesday. :)
Blessings to both!
BrandyLynn, I haven't been keeping up with my blog reading. I guess that falls away when my blogging does. I apologize! You keep up the great work, though! I spent all of last year blogging alone. Sometimes I felt rather silly, but honesly, the blogging was a fantastic way for me to find accountability. Even if it was to no one but myself. ;) Knowing I had to WRITE out my progress or lack of it did encourage me throughout the week.
I'm excited to hear how the juicing and other changes will affect your family. It's a blessing when our efforts involve everyone. Having your husband join you is one of the best ways to strengthen your marriage. I love working on common, life-changing goals together. :)
And, yes! You are SUCH a blessing and encouragement to us. Thank you, also, for the notes you leave on my blog. I treasure them. :)
Post a Comment