Monday, March 12, 2012

Monday Monday...

Good day everyone!  :)  Welcome to my roll call Denise!  I am happy to have you on the Pilgrimage!

I am still very excited about our juicing!  My husband and I are still tweaking our "competition" goals.  We are about the same number on the BMI calculator, so we may be incorporating that rather than total weight loss.  I know I'm already at a disadvantage because he loses weight VERY easily, and well... I GAIN very easily.  LOL!  *BUT*  that will NOT discourage me.  It just means I need to work extra hard.  (And since I'm at home while he's at work, I guess I *do* have the advantage there.)  Anyway, we went to the store last night and bought $200 worth of good organic veggies and fruits for this week.  Spinach, Romaine, Collard Greens, Broccoli, Carrots, Bell Peppers, Celery, Apples, Yams, Bananas, Grapes, Lemons, Limes, Cucumbers... all that good stuff!  :)

The juicer doesn't arrive until tomorrow (according to tracking)... so we will "officially" begin tomorrow evening with a celebratory "RAW sorbet" made from bananas and frozen fruit for dessert... (one benefit of the Omega J8004 is that is makes sorbets and pastas AND good healthy fresh juice)  Wednesday morning we begin our juicing routine.   And of course, we'll be trying to incorporate some good high-vegetable meals before then.  I can't say just how EXTREMELY excited I am!

Anyway... that's the GOOD news!

The bad news... we received a call this morning and Iowa has sent back our Adoption Homestudy request back to Minnesota.  This puts the adoption process on hold until more information on my nephew can be gathered.  This negates the expedited homestudy/adoption process.  Which in short means, *if* we get my nephew... it won't be April like we had hoped.  It may not even be until later in the summer.  :(

One other discouraging thing is that my state wanted to know how we would have enough room for 7 children and 2 adults in a 3 bedroom home.  Please pray we find a larger house (within our price range) soon!

In all things though, we know the Lord has a plan and a purpose.  We want our nephew to be our son.  That is the desire of our hearts.  The Lord can work despite obstacles.  He can either provide us with this house, or a different house.  He can also make a way for us to live here and still be able to adopt our nephew, if that is His will.  If He wills it, He can make a way for it.

3 comments:

Angie said...

First,I am sorry about the adoption hassles!!!!!!! I will be praying that you can get another house,get him and SOON!!!(((((HUGS)))))

How VERY exciting about the juicer and all the produce!! What is especially exciting is that you and Jared are doing it together!!! I am so impressed and excited for you!! It is soooooo much easier when the MR is on board!! lol

What about his pop at work????? :):)

I hope you get GREAT results!!!!!! I KNOW you will if you keep it up!! It really kicked off my weight loss!!

I take it you watched Fat,Sick and Nearly Dead?????

Tina said...

I am excited to hear your juicer will be there tomorrow! And all those veggies! WONDERFUL!!!
I am still thinking of you and praying about your adoption situation. I am so sorry. ((HUGS))

Angie said...

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllll? Get the juicer?????