Saturday, March 10, 2012

Mama, You're Beautiful!

This is what I hear from my daughter on a nearly daily basis.  And while I honestly cannot say I agree with her, it is SO good to hear that kind of encouragement.  :)  My daughter doesn't care that I am overweight, or that my hair is graying.  She doesn't care that I have lasting effects of the Bell's Palsy.  All she sees is her Mama... and she thinks I'm beautiful! 

Of course, I am working on becoming more healthy.  But, sometimes I must admit- I dream of having that body I had when I was 17 and starving.  Then I must think "WHY?"  I wasn't beautiful then.  At least, not in the right way or to the right people... not to anyone who truly loved me.  What I want is to be beautiful to my family,and to my friends.  And that comes from a beautiful inside.  Character.  Personality.  Love.  While I want to be a good example of health to my children, I want to make sure that my focus is more on the beauty within.  I am one of those people who can allow myself to become sidetracked on what is truly important when I set my mind to a goal. 

So, I just wanted to share... nothing profound or amazing.  But perhaps just encouraging.  It's okay if you fail sometimes.  What is important is the lesson you glean from it.  Do you mope about and just quit?  Or do you refocus and press on?  Do you mourn your weakness?  Or do you strive to build your strength?  My children see me fail.  I only hope that they see that I continue to press on.  That I don't have all the answers, and that I'm a work in progress.  While I may not be beautiful on the outside... my insides... my heart, character, personality, love... those are things that won't fail.  Those are the things that truly make one beautiful. 

Now... if I can keep that in focus while I strive to make the rest healthy as well.  :)

Oh...and for those who have in the past or do now currently juice... I'd love to hear a favorite recipe or two... 

3 comments:

Angie said...

awwwww that is so sweet of your "daughter" :). I won't say her name incase you don't want it said......

I completely agree with your post here.It is something we always need to remember!!

~Denise said...

Brandy Lynn,

OF COURSE you can add me.. I don't know how we missed each others blogs!! I will add you too!

Good luck on the juciing!! Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Denise

Tina said...

SUCH a great post Brandy! SO very encouraging!
Can you leave me your email address please? I don't want to leave mine here since it is public ;).
My favorite juice is carrot, a stalk of celery, a cucumber and a wedge of beet. Has your juicer arrived yet?