Well, I figured no one was even visiting my blog anymore, so had decided to quit. Then, lo and behold, I had a sweet friend come by and give me a nudge. (Waves to Heather!) So, I guess I still do have a reader. :)
Heather asked about how the challenge with Angie was going...
I guess I should start there. (Since Angie already explained everything over at her blog... check out onemotivatedmamma... I'll spare you the boredom of explaining it.)
I've been doing fairly well. I did EXCELLENT last week. This weekend I went to celebrate my friends 25th wedding anniversary and then my parents 35th wedding anniversary in Minnesota. It was more difficult to stay "on track" due to traveling. However, I did very well on Saturday. I got my exercise done in the morning before leaving, as well as my chia shake. I didn't have salad for lunch (because there was none), but I chose a small chicken salad croissant, carrots, celery, pineapple, grapes, and watermelon. So... still all very healthy choices. :) (Well, maybe not the chicken salad COMPLETELY...) On Sunday, I got in my Chia shake in the morning... and that was about it. I also got my monthly cycle a few days early while there on Sunday, and so did not exercise. (I try and give my body a few days to rest when that makes an appearance...) I did not exercise Monday or Tuesday and had planned on beginning today. For certain reasons (I don't need to explain to a bunch of women.... right? lol) I won't be exercising this morning yet either.... but hopefully by this evening I can start with an hour of walking anyway. I'll be planting the last half of my garden this afternoon as well... so that is work. I'll be ripping up the soil again with a hand plow... so that should count for SOMETHING... lol!
So... that is a brief update on how it is going. I had lost 4 pounds in 4 days last week before my cycle returned. I will again weigh myself later this week. (My weight has a habit of going up during this time of month... so no need to get discouraged with weighing myself now, right???)
I promise to try and stay more faithful to this blog and to my lonely one (or two) readers. :)
2 comments:
Ooooh!! I'm here too! I'm glad you updated. :) I'm also THRILLED that you stopped by to encourage me. Thank you! Hoping to update there later...or tomorrow. I can't seem to get more than once a week lately to blog!
WOW 4 pounds in 4 days! Did you get to exercise yesterday? Your chicken salad croissant sounds so good! I would love to see pics of your garden and please keep your promise and post more :)
Post a Comment