My strength training days ended up being T,R, and Sat. this week. So today was my first training day.
Okay, so the Total Gym has 6 levels... and it all works off of your body weight. I thought I could do level 4.
I could with my leg workouts. My legs are definitely still strong. (But think about it... they have to carry all my extra weight around all the time.) My arms, abs, shoulders, back... it was SO hard. I could only do 1 set of some and not even a full set with all of them. I was SO embarrassed. I hadn't realized how weak I had gotten. I used to be extremely strong. I used to be able to kick many of the guys derriere's in the weight room in high school. Now, I am MUSH! :(
On Thursday, I'll be dropping down to Level 3. I'm hoping I don't need to go down to Level 2... that would CRUSH me! (I'm still at a level 4 or even 5 for my legs... but my husband suggested I stay at one level for everything and just do more repetitions of the legs until the rest of my body catches up. (For ease sake... otherwise, I'd have to switch to differing levels a lot throughout the workout.)
Here is today's workout... and boy could I feel it. My muscles were ALL shaking while I was making dinner. I went to go pick up the baby and thought... "Man, he feels like he's gained 40 pounds since I last picked him up!" LOL!
Squats/Single Leg Squat
Pull-Up (chin ups)
Leg Curls
Cross cable Row (worked shoulders and arms)
Bicep Curl
Outer Hip and Thighs
Oblique Twister (I couldn't even do ONE... but I'm not sure I was doing it right.)
Seated Chest Press
Front Pullover with and without crunches
Triceps Extension
Shoulder Press
Core Extension
Toe Touch Stretch (Post workout/Final Stretch)
All I can say is... I am absolutely stunned at how weak I've allowed myself to become over the years. It was a HUGE wake-up call. I can't WAIT to get into shape... and I can't wait to feel strong again, and be able to do all the things I want to.
3 comments:
You GO girl!!!!!!!! lol GREAT job and I SO know what you mean about the muscle shaking thing lol.Abigail and I are still so sore today from YESTERDAY's weight training.......Even this evening I am sore sore sore lol.
I feel the energy!!!!! I am so thrilled that you are into this! It is so motivating to me!!!!!!
I am very proud of you!!!!
Great job Brandy!!! Isn't it so empowering to be strong?!
I know what you mean! I just did a very basic workout without any extra weight this morning and I am shaking. LOL. The very challenge of it is SO encouraging though!
Great work!!
Post a Comment