Monday, May 21, 2012

More Thoughts/Goals


Right now, I'm in a size 18/20 jeans depending on the cut/style.

I don't even know if it's possible, but here are a few goals... (I'll adjust if I meet the goals sooner!)

Size 15/16 jeans by August 1st
Size 13/14 jeans by October 1st
Size 11/12 Jeans by December 1st
Size 9/10 Jeans by February 1st (and my birthday)

I actually wear skirts... but I thought trying on jeans would be a good idea.  My husband would like me to wear jeans now and then anyway for our special "date nights" together at home... so... I'll be needing a pair or two anyway!  *wink*  (And I realize most jeans come in even sizing... but my husband likes a certain yoked style brand on me and they come in ODD sizes- why both sizes are listed... LOL!)

One thing that is very exciting and motivating to me is that the Total Gym has a workout program for children ages 8 and older.  Which means that Daddy will be working out with our 8 and 9 year olds.  They are SO excited.  :)  I am excited to be doing this with them!

I'm going to aim for 5 meals per day... with another "snack"  before bed.  I  really don't like going very long without eating- especially at night.  I feel almost ill when I wake up from lower blood sugars if I don't eat some sort of bedtime "snack"...   I will also be aiming for 150g of protein daily.  So, roughly 25-30g each meal.  I don't think this is going to be too difficult.  Some good sources of protein (which I eat NORMALLY) are:

Whey Protein Drink (base- not including extra ingredients): 23g
Chicken (4oz) 30-35g
Tuna (6oz) 40g
Ground Pork (4oz.) avg. 20g, with tenderloins (what we use most) at 29g
Egg (1 large) 6g
Milk (1 cup) 8g
Cottage Cheese (4oz.) 15g
Yogurt (8oz) 10g
Cheese (1oz) 8-10g depending on type, Mozz. lower, swiss/cheddar middle/Parmesan highest
Beans (per 1/2c cooked)- 8g
Peanut Butter (2T)- 8g
Chia seed (1oz/2.75T)- 4g

I am motivated to do well, and can't wait to see results.  I will be weighing in every week, but only recording weight on my blog once per month.  (I'll report again in the beginning of June for continuity sake, then the beginning of each month after that.)   I will also be reporting my dress/pant size at the beginning of each month as well.  I will update my inches/centimeters lost every two weeks or so.  (Or whenever I need encouragement! LOL!)

I don't promise to update my blog every day, but I will try to at least get it in a few times per week.  (Ideally, it would be every day M-F... and most Saturdays... but I shall not promise that!  LOL!)  

So... here we go ladies!  :)  




3 comments:

Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

I will encourage you on!!

Today's a holiday here in Canada, so I'm not going to start anything here today, but I hope to check it out and try to join in on this journey. I've kind of gotten discouraged here....

Angie said...

Yippee! I can feel the energy from you and Nataly and that SO excites me! Go go go go!!!!!

That sounds like a good amount of protein!!

Cheymelah said...

Your goals are very realistic Brandy! You will find with building all that muscle that you can weigh more and wear a smaller size!! Its a great perk of having muscles! My husband also loves to have me wear jeans every once in awhile hehe!