Thursday, April 12, 2012

Thursday, and planning again! LOL!

Well, I did fairly well with the plan for Tuesday.  I ate exactly what I said I would.  But for dessert, well-   :(  Dh bought me some Champ Ice Cream cones.  I had planned on a *healthy* dessert (because I did end up drinking soda with dinner, which I did NOT plan on doing).  But, I still went ahead and ate that ice cream cone.  :(  I began my exercising again as well on Tuesday.  For both Tuesday and Wednesday I did a 30 minute walk with Leslie.  Both days, my hands swelled and my body (especially the joints- like fingers, elbows, knees) turned red and itched.  What is up with that? 

I've never had that before, but with all the other odd symptoms I've been having lately, I think I just need to keep doing it- even if weird things happen.  I'm not a health guru per se- but something tells me that my body needs to "heal" and one way to get things better is by good ol' healthy eating and exercising.  I definitely *FEEL* better after I exercise.  It's just DURING the exercise.  So I will continue on.  :)

I'm not going to be doing a juicing fast like I had planned. As much as I say I'm not worried about toxin release and breastfeeding- I still am.  I don't want to be giving my baby toxins just so I can get healthy- and there is NO WAY I'll stop breastfeeding for that either.  I still will incorporate juicing throughout my journey.  I think it's a great way to get in more nutrients, and I do want to detoxify and heal my body ... even if that means slowly.  So, you'll see "juice" on my menus... assume it's not processed apple juice okay?  :)

I've been re-reading the Schwarzbein Principle again- and I really agree with the author.  I'm going to be incorporating her eating methods with daily exercise.  I basically agree with her anyway- but it's good to be reminded, because in this low-fat - high carb. era... it's hard not to give in to the mentality that fats are bad for you!  (And, hey- I truly enjoy some (healthy) fat with my meals!  :)

So...


Journey Log for Wednesday April 11th:

Breakfast: 2 eggs, 1 slice buttered toast with garlic salt, water
Lunch: 1 bean/rice burrito with cheese, sour cream and tapatio sauce
Dinner: Hamburger w/tomatoes, onion, lettuce, pickles (you get the idea), mayo, and baked potato.  Glass of herbal raspberry tea.

Water: 96 ounces
Exercise: 30 minutes aerobic

***Oh, and I discovered something last night.  I thought my glasses only held 12 ounces of water.  Nope. They hold 16 ounces.  So, I've been drinking a lot more water than I thought I was.***  Very GOOD thing.  :)

3 comments:

Cheymelah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheymelah said...

Honestly....you are doing better then I have seen you do before!!!! I am so excited to see your progress. I can relate to weird symptoms when getting healthy and exercising! Just remember the devil will do anything he can to prevent you from being at your best!!!!

Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

Keep pressing on! ((hugs))