Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Going the Distance...

I am here today.  I can't see what tomorrow holds.  I cannot change what yesterday was.  So, today- I must focus on, all else is wasted time. 

I got on the scale today and after eating junk (mostly) over the weekend, it showed I was up by two pounds.  *Ugh*.  I weighed myself last week and had actually dropped down to 217.  Today, it shows I am 222.  Can we just say I felt like either quitting altogether or starving myself to get weight off fast? 

But neither of those are healthy, and neither of those options bring glory to my Lord.  Nataly reminded me today that this journey I began was for the Lord.  It's turned into something akin to self-fulfillment/ self-failure.   He's not been in it... because I haven't given it over to Him.

So, today, I am (re)committing to going the distance... but not alone.  I am handing the reins back to Him.  I'm going to do my best, try to be diligent in making wise decisions and healthy choices.  I will not step on the scale and bemoan the fact that the weight isn't coming off. Nor will I step on the scale and celebrate that the weight *is* coming off.  For me, that is just too tempting to give myself and my efforts self-glory. 

I am busy organizing bookshelves, catching up on laundry, doing grocery shopping for the next few weeks, and doing finishing touches for our homestudy (which should be beginning here soon... they wanted to do it tomorrow... but with our recent trip, I knew my house would not be ready).  But, with all that- I am committed to finding 30 minutes to exercise. 

April 10th (plan):

Breakfast: Two scrambled eggs with onion and bell peppers
Lunch: Bean and Rice Burrito with oranges
Dinner: Grilled Chicken Sandwich, Baked Potato, Salad

Dessert/Snacks: Not sure...

Exercise: At least 30 minutes
Water: At least 64 ounces

2 comments:

Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

Yes, this journey is all about Him and not us.

Be encouraged dear friend!!

Unknown said...

Prayed for you! I right there with you! We can do this! :)