Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Blunders and Wonders...

So... I'm still around as I said.  I thought it might be a good idea to let you know what I've been up to.

I haven't completely given up on my health goals, but I must admit that the pressing desire has been dulled a bit.  I've been so busy, and I just haven't been as faithful at my exercising and eating goals.

I am trying to get my house in order for our homestudy.  Those who know me, know that my house isn't messy- so you probably wonder why it's taking so much effort.  Well, I am SO worried that they'll not approve us because our house is small.  If we are able to add our nephew, that is 9 people living in 1100 square feet.  Of course, we don't feel cramped because we are used to it, but I can see how someone (as Social Worker) who believes in having only 1-2 people per bedroom would feel we were well "over capacity" already.  So, I'm purging, purging, purging.  We are getting rid of extra furniture, switching kitchen chairs to benches, moving this, changing that, etc. 

Then, when I'm not doing that, I'm on the phone talking to the lawyer, social workers, my sister, etc.  I have one friend who feels that we are "lucky" that our situation is expedited- and while that can have it's advantages (we don't have to wait months or years for our child), it means that everything others have "time" to do... we don't.  As of now, we have 5-6 weeks to finish our homestudy, background checks, referrals, etc.  AND, we are working with two different states, which adds an extra headache.  But, I'm not complaining.  Really!  :)  We are SOOOO excited to adopt our nephew.  Of course, there are fears there- and we'll have to abide by the states rules until he is fully ours... which means different discipline, sending him to public schools, vaccinating, etc.  *BUT* we also know that the Lord will work out the details and can protect our nephew, and care for our family as we all adjust to the new dynamics.

Apart from the adoption stuff, our 4 year old fell and broke her nose, our 9 year old had an anaphylactic reaction to sesame (we didn't know he was allergic... thankfully we had his epi-pens due to his nut allergies).  I also have been having some problems physically.  Above and beyond the scope of my thyroid and fibromyalgia.  But, I'm not ready to go into all that- it's just another aspect of what has been going on in my life.

Due to some of the physical complications, I was told to allow my body to rest for at least one month.  Nothing more than "gentle" walking.  So, I am still walking, but doing the gentler, slower walks.  No aerobics or strength training.  It's frustrating because I've stepped on my scale a few times and the weight has gone UP... *sigh*  In fact, today it was 217.  While I often say "it's not about the numbers"... it certainly is difficult to NOT get discouraged.

My eating has been up and down.  Some days I have done really well.  Other days, it's been harder.  I've skipped a lot more meals lately.  I was doing so well at eating 3 meals and 2-3 snacks throughout the day... and now, I strongly feel that I have lost so much ground.  I'm not quite at square one because I have a plan... but I've definitely lost ground.  I'm not where I was, but I'm also far from where I want to be. 

So, that is where I am.  I'll share more in the next few days.  (Let's not overwhelm you all at once!)




Interesting Fact of the Day:  I knew I had achluophobia, but was unaware I had bromidrosiphobia... but now I know!  LOL!  :)

1 comment:

Angie said...

Well come on girl! Jump back in and don't give up!! You aren't going to let me go on ahead of you are you?????????? You can do it!!!!! Jump back on!!!