Wednesday, February 15, 2012

LOL! I fell asleep waiting...

for my computer to load up.

So, here I am Wednesday morning... typing.

I've been doing really well.  I haven't gone full blown into Donna Partow's program yet because it seems every time I do- there is a set back.  *BUT* I have been implementing much of her plan, so I know it is helping.  Here is the basic gist of what she recommends.

First, you begin by eating as many of the non-starch veggies that you can every day. Steamed or Raw. And what she means by this is you eat so many veggies there isn't much room for anything else.  Well, I haven't done that quite yet.  But, I am more conscious of getting in more veggies.  Another part of her recommendation is to drink hot lemon water every morning.  (Which means steeping 1/4 of a lemon for 5 minutes in hot water then squeezing out as much of it's juice as you can into the water.)  She also recommends a good soluble vitamin, Ester-C, and  cranberry every day. 

That is just the start of her program.  I am doing the water, eating more veggies, and the supplements.  She has several times of fasting you do as well.  (I believe it's a 2 day "complete" fast-only water) once a month, and several 1 day juice/broth only fasts throughout the month as well.  However, you are not supposed to start with the fastings until you have done a few days of veggies only.  (Your body reacts and heals better if it hasn't been fed junk the days prior to the fast.)  I started on Monday with the veggie only diet so I could do the fast today and tomorrow.  (It is also recommended that you don't fast during your monthly "cycle"... )  My goal was to get it done before that cycle showed up again on Saturday.  Well... my body said differently.  I got my cycle back 5 days early yesterday.  *sigh*

So... I'm going to go ahead and continue what I *was* doing.  And start the fast a few days after I am finished with my "cycle".  I did peek at the scale on Monday just to see how I was doing.  I was up 2 pounds, which bummed me out... but since my cycle came yesterday- it seems to explain it a bit.  So...

that is where I am at.

I have been doing well with my walking.  I haven't done the Biggest Loser Kinect since doing it a few weeks ago.  I don't think the space for  my workout area is good enough because it only records a PORTION of what I am actually doing. I also think my skirt makes it so it doesn't see my movements accurately. So the whole time the guy is saying kick higher, step wider... but I CAN'T kick higher (I'm kicking really high)  and I *am* stepping wide.  LOL!  So... I've got to figure out what to do for that.  I don't want to wear workout pants- especially since I do it in the livingroom.  So, I'll keep plugging along with Leslie Sansone.  I cannot WAIT until the weather warms up and we get rid of this ice.  I wants to walk OUTSIDE!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I plan on updating more frequently now.  I've been really busy getting my house ready for a homestudy.  My house isn't dirty or anything.  *BUT* I've been rearranging furniture, etc. to meet their requirements.  I had to figure out how to put a crib, queen sized bed, and a 7' long dresser in our 9x9 bedroom while still having walking space to get to the bathroom that is located in there, and get into the closet.  I've also had to figure out/add bed space and dresser space to the boys' room- so there is now 3 twin beds (we can't bunk due to  sloped ceilings), while also adding seating to the family table.  Our dining room is also just 9x9. 

My husband and I are also looking into getting a bigger house when our lease is up.  Our current home is only 1100 square feet, with just a tiny little yard.  We are looking into a place for rent which is 8 acres out in the country.  We will be allowed to have livestock, and lots of room to play.  (We'll still be renting--- but we will be able to at least BEGIN fulfilling our dream of being in the country... even if it's not our "own" house.)  The house is twice the square footage as we have now... but the rent is $300 higher.  (*HOWEVER* heat and hot water are supplied.  They have an outdoor wood burner that we'll have to load twice a day, but they supply the wood...)  So... we've been busy here anyway.  :)

I've got a crying baby right now, and I need to get schooling done... but I will finish catching up with all my Pilgrim friends after lunch today.  :)

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Great to hear from you! I'm very interested in learning more about the program you are using. I'll plan to research it a bit myself as well.

We are contemplating a move here too. Lots of purging and rearranging. It all makes for good exercise. ;)

Angie said...

Wow!!!!! I would be SOOOOOOOOO excited for you to get that place!!!! Keep me updated!!!

Did you get the diapers yet?

So glad to hear from you!