One problem has been my cycle. I've now been bleeding heavily for 2.5 weeks. I am anemic, and when I do any kind of physical exertion, it gets worse. At first when talking with a midwife, she felt it was more hormonal/thyroid related- given my low thyroid issues, but since the problem is still ongoing, she advised me to call my OB/GYN. I have been put on a type of "pelvic rest" to see if I can stop the bleeding, and hopefully allow healing. They think that my dehisence may have returned, especially in light of the activity increasing the problem If it doesn't get better in the next week or so I must go in and get checked out. They mentioned a possible hysterectomy... that is the LAST thing I want. So, it has been a very difficult time emotionally as well. I would appreciate your prayers in the matter.
Secondly, today I had another reaction. I've been having problems with angioedema, and we don't know what is causing the flare-ups. It could be stress related. It could be allergy related. Or it could be "iodopathic"... meaning they haven't a clue. *sigh* My face and hands are swollen and I look like a gruesome troll from one of Grimm's Fairy Tales. :( The antihistamines are not working any longer either...
Apart from all of this, my fibromyalgia has been flaring up. Of course, this is likely secondary to being anemic, not being able to move and exercise, and not eating as healthy as I should be.
| Ahem! |
So... what can I do about it? My body is SICK. I had put in the effort and began feeling better... but now--- it's sick... and crumbling apart. It's not working for me anymore. I have spent years not taking care of my body, and now I cannot help but wonder if it is finally catching up to me. What do I do about it?
Well, I cannot exercise as I wish. However, here is what I *can* do...
- I will move. I will walk. Even if it's not what I want- it's better than doing NOTHING.
- I will eat healthy. I will not give in to unhealthy snacks, skipping meals or mindless eating. My goal is to get a GOOD juicer. (I've wanted a good juicer for eons! I'm just a tight-wad when it comes to spending money. Well, I can spend money on medical bills when I'm falling apart and dying from unhealthy living, or I can spend the moola now so I can avoid dying an early death due to unhealthy living.)
- I will drink. Water. Clean, Pure, H2O. I used to drink 1/2 gallon easily and every day. I've dropped to drinking just a couple of pints a day. It's not only affecting my health, but my milk production. I've got to up that water.
- I will NOT give up. I will not slow down. I will journal what helps and what does not.
My plan is to continue implementing the healthier habits Donna Partow recommends. However, I need the iron- so I will be eating more than just veggies. And when I get my juicer, I will be juicing at least one meal a day. Breakfast is probably the best one, since it is the one I tend to skip. This will all start on Monday. Why Monday? Why not now? I REALLY REALLY need to give myself this time to try and do EVERYTHING I can to allow my body to heal. No exercising. However, before Monday, I can still begin to eat healthy again. I can eat meals and not skip them. I can eat salad and not hashbrowns. I can DO THIS!
3 comments:
I'm so sorry to read all the struggles you are facing, BrandyLynn. I will be praying you get that very important rest you need while the Lord empowers you to do the right things He has for you. Your list is wise and will accomplish His purposes in your life, even if it doesn't bring about the results you were searching for. ((hugs))
Thats my girl!!!!!!
I am soooo sorry you are going through all of these trials!!!! (((((((HUGE HUGS))))))
I am so, so sorry that you've been having a hard time. I'm praying, sister. (((hugs)))
Post a Comment