Friday, June 15, 2012

So you know... (Quick Update)

My back is still having trouble.  I *am* improving... in fact, on Wednesday- I still wasn't able to kick and lift much weight, but I could get on the floor without hurting and didn't feel too much pain with general movement.  Then Wednesday night I rolled over in bed and felt a searing pain again.  :(

It hurt pretty bad yesterday, but today (Friday) does feel a bit better.  I'm stiff- but not in the kind of pain I was in yesterday. 

It is KILLING me to not be able to workout.  I *did* try the Total Gym twice now... and couldn't do it because of the pain.  So, we are waiting on that.  I also can't do the walking DVD's or anything else.  I feel like I'm LOSING ground.  :(  And, I have to fight the feelings of anger and injustice over it all... Because really- it's just "life"... I will be able to get back to it soon... it's just going to take time.  I was encouraged by a verse yesterday though... never thought I'd be encouraged about NOT working out through Scriptures.... LOL!

I Timothy 4:8
"For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come."

Now, of course, we know that there are plenty of scriptures on taking care of our bodies/the temple of God... but this verse has encouraged me during this time of pain...  

I am trying to spend this time really looking into working on spiritual things/growing in godliness that I may have set aside during times where I USED to spend "working out". 

It's been an encouragement anyway while I "heal".  Perhaps the Lord has something to teach me, even in this. 

 ************

Angie asked about my eating... 

For the first two weeks, I was doing GREAT!  I was still following the same eating regimen.  But, I began feeling too full and was FORCING myself to eat. Then it occurred to me that I wasn't needing all that protein and calories since I wasn't working out.  So, I cut back.  

This week though... I've fallen back into the trap of skipping ALL meals but dinner again.  And I've noticed that I have less energy, too.  So... I am going to be working on that as much as I can over the weekend.  (We'll be traveling to go visit my nephew/son Cater in Minnesota... but I can at least work on eating THREE meals a day with a couple of snacks...)

So... that is where I am... 

4 comments:

BrandyLynn said...

Oh, and Heather... I know you aren't doing TOO much updating right now... but I wanted to drop by and say "Hi" and Encourage you... but it appears I'm locked out of your blog again. (I am CERTAIN your blog does NOT like me... )

Covnitkepr1 said...

I write and maintain a blog which I have entitled “Accordingtothebook” and I’d like to invite you to follow it. I didn’t see a follow widget on this site, but if you put one up...I will gladly follow you publicly as well.

Nataly said...

I'm so glad to read an update from you! I'm glad you got that encouragement from 1 Timothy...isn't it amazing how He does that for us?! Written so long ago but just for you in this season too.

Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

Sorry to hear you are still having such back pain. That would be hard!

((((hugs))))

I haven't been doing much in terms of walking etc... I did have a work out yesterday mucking out calf pens and that was hard work! Plus gardening etc...

I still need to work on losing more weight and that hasn't been happening... SO.... I have been just finding that so hard. :(

Anyway, keep pressing on, I pray your back heals soon!